Link to previous year UPSC Exam papers are provided at bottom of this page. Subscribe to this blog to get updates directly in your mail box.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission - English paper - Part 2

11. Select the correct sentences:
Water flows from the hill  Water flows down the hill  Water flows beside the hill  Water flows for the hill 
 

12. Select the correct sentences:
I want to improve my knowledge in English  I want to improve my knowledge for English  I want to improve my knowledge on English  I want to improve my knowledge of English 
 

13. Select the correct sentence:
Drinking lot of water is good to health  Drinking lot of water is good for health  Drinking lot water is good of health  Drinking lot water is good to health 
 

14. Select the correct sentences (Indirect speech):
The teacher said to Mallika, “What is your father?”
The teacher asked Mallika what her father was  The teacher requested Mallika what her father was  The teacher ordered Mallika what her father was  The teacher said to Mallika what her father was 
 

15. Select the correct impersonal passive sentence:
Nobody closed the door
The door is not closed  The door was not closed  The door won’t be closed  The door didn’t closed 
 

16. Identify the sentence:
Being busy, I could not attend the function
complex  compound  simple  negative 
 

17. Identify the sentence:
On seeing the mother the baby laughed.
Compound  interrogative  complex  simple 
 

18. Identify the sentence:
If there is pain, take this tablet
simple  complex  compound  imperative 
 

19. Identify the sentence:
The Sun had set and the stars appeared
Simple  complex  Compound  imperative 
 

20. Select the correct question tag:
I am in your way, …………….
am I ?  will I?  did I ?  am n’t I?
 
 

All Parts: I      II      III      IV     V    VI      VII      VIII      IX     X

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP